FIELD OFFICER- BUILDING RESILIENCE AMONG AGRO-PASTORALISTS FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS (BRAPAL)
Issued on 07 September, 2018
Apply by 20 September, 2018
Job Title: Field Officer BRAPAL Project
Station: West Pokot
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Term: 1 year with possibility of renewal (starting 1st October 2018)
Anglican Development Services (ADS) North Rift Region is the development arm of the Anglican Church of
Kenya, Dioceses of Eldoret, Kitale and Kapsabet and the Lodwar Missionary Area. It has been involved in
development work since 1983 and was registered as a company limited by guarantee in 1997. ADS North Rift
programme covers the six counties of the North Rift namely; Elgeyo-Marakwet, Nandi, Trans Nzoia, Turkana,
Uasin Gishu and West Pokot.
ADS North Rift in partnership with Dan Church Aid (DCA) is implementing a project that seeks to enhance and
increase resilience of communities in West Pokot County to drought and other effects of climate change through
enhanced food and nutrition security of vulnerable households and generating sustainable livelihoods and
protection of productive assets among target households.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans (detailed implantation Plan) for effective execution of the
project activities related to livelihood approaches to drought resilience as stipulated in the project
- Identify, prioritize and support communities to implement potential livelihood strategies that are less
sensitive to existing and potential hazards and resilient to drought.
- Design, develop and provide necessary training for target communities to develop skills and capacities
for drought resilient livelihood strategies and viable options for income.
- Support communities and beneficiaries with necessary tools, kits and materials to initiate enterprises as
envisioned by the project plan.
- Facilitate the implantation of Agricultural and Horticultural Production, Community Based Disaster Risk
Reduction, Income Generating, Livestock Management and Market Development components of the
- Facilitate trainings, workshops and other field and project related activities
- Ensure that beneficiaries understand the project and their role in implementation including their
- Work closely with communities, local leaders and local authorities at all stages of the project
- Establish a positive and cohesive working relationship with direct beneficiaries and other actors in the
- Ensure participation of all beneficiaries in the decision-making process
- Prepare timely and quality project reports that meet donor requirements
- Participate in data collection, analysis and documentation of field findings
- In liaison with Head of Programmes develop project proposals to address county specific gaps
- Responsible for effective use and control of project resources under his/her custody.
- Engage in local or county level relevant networks and alliances for influencing and scaling up the good
lessons of the project learning
- Support Head of Programmes in monthly budget reviews and suggesting amendments to finance
- Promote strong linkages with other key stakeholders in food security sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and Extension, Agronomy, Dryland Agriculture, Animal Production,
Agricultural Economics, Rangeland management and any other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience designing and implementing livelihoods and resilience
programming or livelihood centered approaches on poverty and vulnerability reduction preferably
among the Agro-pastoralists.
- Demonstrated technical skills in coordination and development of activities related to agriculture,
livestock, micro-finance and small business development.
- Demonstrated understanding of natural and human-induced hazards and root causes and driving
factors of disaster vulnerability in ASALs with good understanding on Community Based Disaster
Reduction and Mitigation (CBDRM), climate change adaptation, gender and social inclusion.
- Practical experience in computer applications (MS Office and Internet use)
- Experience in facilitating community engagement forums
- Experience in working with local community structures
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
If you are interested and meet the stated requirements send your:
i) Application letter
ii) Curriculum Vitae (CV),
iii) Copies of your certificates and testimonials
iv) Recommendation letter from your pastor to
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ADS North Rift Region,
P.O Box 6495-30100
or email to: email@example.com
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application to reach undersigned by 5:00 pm of 20th September 2018.