INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT OFFICER –RELIEF PROJECT
Issued on 28 May, 2019
Apply by 03 June, 2019
(1 POSITION – BASED IN WEST POKOT COUNTY)
FOR ADS-CURRENT AND FORMER STAFF ONLY
Job Title: Project Consultant – Drought Emergency Response
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Term: 5 months fixed term
Start Date: 10th June 2019
Justification for proposed Internal advertisement
The Emergency Response project in West Pokot is a five (5) months project expected to end 31st October 2019. This position needed to be filled immediately in order for the officer to initiate coordination and implementation of the project activities. ADS North Rift has a pool of skilled and experienced current and former staff with vast knowledge in Water Engineering, Water Technology and Water Sanitation and have previously handled and delivered relief projects effectively and efficiently and will require minimal orientation to the job. If approved, the internal recruitment will save on time and ensure the drought situation in West Pokot county is mitigated within reasonable
time; it will also reduce on cost of training and induction of the staff to be recruited.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation of a 5-month Drought
Emergency Response project funded by Dan Church Aid (DCA) in West Pokot County
within Anglican Development Services North Rift (ADSNRR) Region. This position will
ensure services are delivered in compliance with the DCA emergency relief
procedures and guideline as well as providing technical backstopping to the artisans,
project team and update management on project progress. The position will also
ensure all the objectives along with indicators as outline in the project proposal are
met. The position requires good understanding of designing, installation and
maintenance of water facilities
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of all project activities as outlined
in the project document in line with donor requirements, and good practices.
Prepare and execute a detailed project work plan in line with the approved
budget to ensure achievement of the overall project goal within the stipulated
- Track project expenditure to ensure that all costs are in line with approved
- Assess all identified water facilities and advice procurement department on the
requirements for rehabilitation.
- Initiate and lead the process of recruiting artisans to undertake the rehabilitation
of boreholes and water pan
- Supervise the rehabilitation of boreholes and water pan
- Coordinate the vaccination and treatment of livestock
- Undertake regular monitoring and follow-up support visits to ensure all the
objectives along with indicators as outline in the project document are met.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and Head of Programmes to ensure
compliance and timely implementation of activities
- Monitor and report any challenges or gaps identified for quick action and
adjustments if necessary
- Establish a positive and cohesive working relationship with communities, local
leaders and local authorities, other ADS NRR project staff and other actors at all
stages of the project implementation
- Engage in local or county level relevant networks and alliances for influencing
and scaling up the good lessons of the project learning.
- Promote strong linkages with other key stakeholders in water & sanitation, food
security sector, emergency, health, environments among others.
- Ensure that all project procurement is done as per schedule and in accordance
with the donor procurement requirements and procedures.
- Prepare and submit monthly, mid project, end of project and any other report as
may be required by management or the donor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Diploma in Water Engineering, Water Technology, Water & Sanitation
or related field.
- Knowledge in animal husbandry
- At least 2 years-relevant work experience.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the pastoralist community preferably
on humanitarian and resilience building projects.
- Solid and practical skills in the following areas: installation and maintenance of
water pumps, designing and interpretation of water structures and designs,
sand-dam construction and rehabilitation
- Experience in facilitating community engagement forums and training of
management water committees among others.
- Experience in facilitating technical trainings related to emergency response
- Experience in developing program implementation work plans and generating
quality progress reports.
- Practical experience in computer applications (MS Office and Internet use)
- Commitment to ADS-NRR core values in relationships with staff and partners.
- Good listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good management skills and the ability to work closely with the partner,
community members, local community structures and other stakeholders
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented person
If you are interested and meet the stated requirements send your:
i) Application letter
ii) Curriculum Vitae (CV),
iii) Copies of your certificates and testimonials
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ADS North Rift Region,
P.O Box 6495-30100
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application to reach undersigned by 5:00pm of 3rd June 2019
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted